Monday, October 27, 2008
Long night
Last night was the longest night I have had in a long time. Katera had a really rough night. We put her to bed around eight. Then the battles started. This has been going on for a week now... we put her down and think she is asleep when she comes crawling up the stairs. We keep putting her back to bed several times and she keeps coming up every time. I finally have to go stand right by her door and hold the doorknob so she can't get out. Last night was the worst. She not only would not go to bed, but she was crying uncontrollably for at least two hours. It was getting so bad that we thought something might be wrong with her. She kept saying her belly hurt and would cringe, then her whole body would shake. We just kept rocking her and trying to be as loving and patient as you can with a child that is up three hours beyond bed time. Then her top lip started to swell. Jason was really concerned that something was wrong so we decided to head to the emergency room at about ten. I called my mom to come over and sit with Sekoya and we jumped in the car. By the time we got to the turn for the hospital Katera was sound asleep in Jason's arms. I didn't want to wake her up let alone walk into the emergency room with a sleeping child saying that there is something hurting her. Yeah right- they would think we were paranoid idiots. So we went back home and made her a bed on the floor by our bed where she slept soundly---- for about an hour. Then the crying and stuff started again for about another two hours. She finally fell asleep in our bed only when she could be touching both Jason and I. She slept fitfully and tossed and turned all night long. She woke up this morning and has been fine all day. I have come the the conclusion that she was having some major separation anxiety for some reason and was just throwing a big honkin' fit. As for her lip swelling... I don't know what that was. It has gone away. She went to bed tonight without fighting thank goodness. I could not do another night like last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment