Ok, I have totally lost my drive to blog since I can't find an easy way to print it. I have had several helpful suggestions, all of which will take A LOT of extra time. I just haven't been up to that project yet. But, enough of my whining.
This last week I was playing catch up. My house was filthy, all the beds needed new sheets, bills needed to be paid, etc, etc. And then there was a day off of school on Wednesday. How stupid is that? Why didn't they just take Friday off and make it a four day weekend with Martin Luther King day? They really should consult parents when making the school schedules! ;)
I just have to say what sweet kids I have. Sekoya is such a good girl. The whole time I was sick and continuing last week she has been so helpful. When I was sick I would make her run downstairs to get a diaper for Katera and anything else I didn't have energy to do. Once after a morning bath she even got Katera dressed- diaper and all. She is growing up so much. Last week was such an enjoyable week with my kids. They have been getting along so well -for the most part. Katera is so fun and has finally grasped the concept of potty training. She was having accidents every twenty minutes- right after I would have her sit on the toilet. Then I left her with Grandma Sindy for an hour and she finally did it. I came home and Grandma said she went potty twice!! She has been doing great ever since. She still isn't to the point to recognize when she needs to go and tell me. But I take her potty once every hour and she goes every time. I think we are well on our way to no more diapers. Happy day at our house!!
One fun thing we did last week was make GAK from Melissa's recipe. The girls love to put ingredients in anything so this was a hit. Not to mention the 45 minutes of entertainment with it after is was made. We got cookie cutters out and cut out shapes, made bracelets, and just squished it in our fingers. I also bought the girls some little Squirmles at the checkout stand at WalMart. Does anybody else hate those junk "have to have" things at the checkouts? My kids think they need something every time! They were pretty cheap and Katera definitely deserved a reward so I caved. They had quite a bit of fun with them. Sekoya kept torturing Katera and crawling it on her head.
This last week I was playing catch up. My house was filthy, all the beds needed new sheets, bills needed to be paid, etc, etc. And then there was a day off of school on Wednesday. How stupid is that? Why didn't they just take Friday off and make it a four day weekend with Martin Luther King day? They really should consult parents when making the school schedules! ;)
I just have to say what sweet kids I have. Sekoya is such a good girl. The whole time I was sick and continuing last week she has been so helpful. When I was sick I would make her run downstairs to get a diaper for Katera and anything else I didn't have energy to do. Once after a morning bath she even got Katera dressed- diaper and all. She is growing up so much. Last week was such an enjoyable week with my kids. They have been getting along so well -for the most part. Katera is so fun and has finally grasped the concept of potty training. She was having accidents every twenty minutes- right after I would have her sit on the toilet. Then I left her with Grandma Sindy for an hour and she finally did it. I came home and Grandma said she went potty twice!! She has been doing great ever since. She still isn't to the point to recognize when she needs to go and tell me. But I take her potty once every hour and she goes every time. I think we are well on our way to no more diapers. Happy day at our house!!
One fun thing we did last week was make GAK from Melissa's recipe. The girls love to put ingredients in anything so this was a hit. Not to mention the 45 minutes of entertainment with it after is was made. We got cookie cutters out and cut out shapes, made bracelets, and just squished it in our fingers. I also bought the girls some little Squirmles at the checkout stand at WalMart. Does anybody else hate those junk "have to have" things at the checkouts? My kids think they need something every time! They were pretty cheap and Katera definitely deserved a reward so I caved. They had quite a bit of fun with them. Sekoya kept torturing Katera and crawling it on her head.
2 comments:
What are Squirmles? Great Job on Katera. I hate potty training.....only one more time and I never have to do it again!!
Congrats on potty training.
liz
Post a Comment