Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reflections contest




A couple of weeks ago Sekoya brought home a note from school announcing the Reflections contest. After our recent experience with disappointment I didn't want her to enter and then be sad when she didn't win. So I chose to ignore the note. She had it in her mind that she was going to do it. So the day the projects were due she frantically asked me what hers was going to be. I told her that we didn't need to do it, but we would do it next year. That was not the answer she wanted. I went about getting ready for the day and getting the kids to school. While I was doing this Sekoya sat down and diligently colored a My Little Pony picture. She told me she was going to take it to school and show her friends. Little did I know that she entered it in the Reflections contest. She came home from school on Monday beaming! She was so proud to tell us that she had won a second place ribbon for her picture. I was so proud of her for figuring out a project, completing it, and turning it in all on her own! What a great help I was- Ha! Her fierce independence and determination pays off sometimes! It is a quality that can either hurt or help you- I know from my own experiences.

2 comments:

The Venutis said...

That is awesome! What a cute little independent girl!

Maridon Rappleye said...

Way to go Sekoya! We're so proud of you!