Saturday, August 15, 2009

17 Again

I just got done having quiet time with Sekoya watching 17 Again with Zac Efron. She was really excited to see this movie, but I think only because Zac Efron was in it. Once it got going she kind of lost interest. It was a really cute movie, just another take on getting turned back into a teenager again.



Man, to be 17 again!! But I would have to go back to 16 to change anything in my life. Not that I am unhappy with where I am at. I love my life- I couldn't live without my husband and kiddos. I would just definitely do some things differently! For starters- I would try to be the one who is nice to everybody and not so worried about being 'popular'. I think back to how horribly I treated some people growing up and I am completely embarrassed. I was always a good student, but I would take more college courses and finish high school with an Associates Degree. I wouldn't be so concerned with boys and having a boyfriend. There's plenty of time in life to find Mr. Right. Why did I waste so much time that should have been carefree and having fun with girlfriends on boys??? I would spend more time with my mom and be a better friend to her than I was. I took her for granted and never appreciated everything she did for me. I would be more involved in school activities and not worry if it made me look like a "geek". You only get to be in high school once so you should take it all in and participate in everything.

But, I don't have a magic lamp with a genie to grant me three wishes so I will be happy with the wonderful life that I have made out of my past. I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful daughters, financial security, and so many other blessings that I could go on forever. I hope that maybe I can teach my daughters from my mistakes and help them to make the most out of their teenage years.

No comments: