The weekend before was when Jason was gone hunting. We spent one day raking and playing in the leaves in Grandma's neighbor's yard. Again, Sekoya went running and jumped in head first. Katera mostly stood back and watched. She did get in the leaves to pose for a picture. The cousins came on Sunday. They had lots of fun playing in the leaves again with them. I let Sekoya stay home from school on Monday so she could play with them. We had them at our house all day while Heather was getting hair and nails done. We only had two little issues the whole day! I was impressed. Later that night we went to the pumpkin patch. The kids had a blast riding the hay ride, picking pumpkins, and riding the train. I just wish I had gone earlier in the month when the pumpkins weren't so picked over. Ahhh, the traditions of fall! I really wish fall would last longer, but we will be covered in snow before we know it.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Fall Fun
This last weekend we did some much needed yard work- getting the garden pulled up and burning weeds. Then we took the girls to the corn maze. Great idea, not a great result. The corn was no taller than Sekoya. It was pretty easy to see where the paths led so you didn't take a wrong one. They had little fact stations set up through out the maze that included a paper punch to prove you made it to that check point. The goal was to collect 8 punches for a prize. The girls got tired of it real quick. I don't think we were even half way through before they started complaining. Then we stopped at the kiddie corn box. It was like a big sand box, but filled with corn kernels. They had fun with that. The next stop was the hay jump. Bales of hay were set up to be like a platform that they jumped off into a pool of soft hay. Of course Sekoya took right off and jumped with out hesitation. It took Katera a few minutes to warm up to the idea and still wanted me to hold her hand as she jumped. The differences in our two girls are becoming more and more apparent as they get older. They are both wonderful girls with very good personalities- just different. We had to strip Katera down when we got to the car because hay was stuck all over in her clothes.





The weekend before was when Jason was gone hunting. We spent one day raking and playing in the leaves in Grandma's neighbor's yard. Again, Sekoya went running and jumped in head first. Katera mostly stood back and watched. She did get in the leaves to pose for a picture. The cousins came on Sunday. They had lots of fun playing in the leaves again with them. I let Sekoya stay home from school on Monday so she could play with them. We had them at our house all day while Heather was getting hair and nails done. We only had two little issues the whole day! I was impressed. Later that night we went to the pumpkin patch. The kids had a blast riding the hay ride, picking pumpkins, and riding the train. I just wish I had gone earlier in the month when the pumpkins weren't so picked over. Ahhh, the traditions of fall! I really wish fall would last longer, but we will be covered in snow before we know it.
The weekend before was when Jason was gone hunting. We spent one day raking and playing in the leaves in Grandma's neighbor's yard. Again, Sekoya went running and jumped in head first. Katera mostly stood back and watched. She did get in the leaves to pose for a picture. The cousins came on Sunday. They had lots of fun playing in the leaves again with them. I let Sekoya stay home from school on Monday so she could play with them. We had them at our house all day while Heather was getting hair and nails done. We only had two little issues the whole day! I was impressed. Later that night we went to the pumpkin patch. The kids had a blast riding the hay ride, picking pumpkins, and riding the train. I just wish I had gone earlier in the month when the pumpkins weren't so picked over. Ahhh, the traditions of fall! I really wish fall would last longer, but we will be covered in snow before we know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment