Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Joy school

Today was my first day teaching joy school. Now I know why I never even thought of a career as a teacher. Not that they were bad- they were quite well behaved. They just had very short attention spans and 6 very different personalities. I had lots of crafts and activities to do and they just wanted to go play with toys. One little girl would tell me right after we started each activity that she was done. When I asked her if she wanted to color/draw/write a little more she just said No. One little girl was quite the perfectionist and was so slow. She wanted everything to be just right and was holding up the whole group from moving on to the next activity. I even scrapped one of my crafts because they were too antsy. So we decided to go for a walk and look for blue things- that was our color of the day. I knew I was pretty brave to take six kids outside and keep them from getting hit by a car or running away. We just walked around one block and they were really good to stop whenever I said stop. When we got home they finally got to go downstairs to play and destroy the play room. I have one more day to teach this week. All I can say is I am so glad it only comes around every 6 weeks.

No comments: