Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Cavity!




Sekoya had her dentist check up and had a "little cavity". That's what they said! When we went in to get it filled they ended up doing a pulpotomy- which is a partial root canal on a child. Oh.My.Gosh!! How did I let this cavity get so bad? When they showed it to me in her tooth it was a big, gaping hole! I asked her if her teeth had been hurting and she said yes. I told her from now on if her teeth hurt she needs to tell me so we can fix it before it gets too big. I watched as they drilled her tooth and it bled like crazy. My teeth hurt just watching it! She was so brave the entire time. I kept trying to hold her hand and she would shrug me away. She did NOT like how her mouth felt afterward and wouldn't smile for a picture to show me her lopsided face. Katera went to the dentist that week too. It was her first cleaning and she was so excited. When I told her it was her turn to go she jumped up and down and squealed. You would have thought I told her it was Christmas or something. She was also a very good girl and did not have any cavities.

No comments: