Cute kids after church
Showing off the new 'do'
Nixon cut his first tooth while I was away at Gooseberry and he got his first haircut this morning, right before church. I have wanted to cut it for a while so we could spike it all over. I finally just grabbed the scissors and started chopping. It turned out so cute and makes him look even bigger than he is. Even though I can hardly believe that he is 6 months old already. I have really failed at documenting his first few months of life! I am going to do a recap just for my own purposes.
1 month: At one month Nixon was sleeping longer at night, but still not all night. We tookhim on walks whenever it was warm enough. He is super easy-going. After the umbilical cord and circumscision came off he was able to get into a real bath and LOVED it. I was still in my post-partum haze and can't remember much more.
2 months: During his second month of life Nixon started sleeping through the night from 10pm to 6AM. Awesome! He is getting on a sleep/wake schedule that I can count on and life is getting into a groove with three kiddos. I think this was when he had a first, genuine smile. He also took his first car trip to St. George to see Grandma Carol. I still had that dang post partum hanging around. I sure wish I could have a baby without that!
3 months: I think this was when he first laughed out loud. He also took his first bike ride in the bike trailer. We were still taking lots of walks and he loves being outside. He loves to play peek a boo. I think his favorite toy is his burp cloth. He likes to put it over his face and just sit there. He also likes my version of itsy bitsy spider and patty cake.
4 months: Nixon took his first camping trip, first trip to the lake, and first Razor ride. I also started feeding him some baby food this month, but he didn't like it too well. I decided we would try it again in a couple months. He also started rolling from his belly to his back. We were never able to witness this because he would do it in bed right after he woke up. He loves his swing and his bouncy chair, but most of all his sisters. He lights up any time he sees either one of them.
5 months: I can't remember any milestones this month. He just continues to be such an easy baby. We get more smiles and giggles out of him each day and his personality comes out even more. He did start mimicking me waving to him and is trying to figure that one out.
Showing he really does know how to roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment