So hear I sit, in a Hotel in Seattle Washington. It is 1am in the morning on Valentines Day. All I can think about is why I am not at home with my Wonderful wife and Great Kids!!! It is days like this that really make you wonder why you have to work!
Ashley and I have never been big on doing something big for Valentines, or least that is the excuse I use for being the absolute WORST husband when it comes to doing something romantic or surprising her with a gift!!! :( haha
What I do know for sure, is that my life would not be as good as it is without Ashley!!!!! What can I say about her that could even come close to how much she really means to me. A few of the things that I love about her:
She is sooooo strong--It takes a strong woman to be left at home with two kids every week as I travel around the world working. She is VERY confident and can handle most anything. She is secure and trusting and I LOVE HER VERY MUCH!
She is a GREAT MOTHER!!--What makes me able to go out and work is that I know, with all of my heart that she is at home raising our kids the way it should be. She is always doing something special for them. They LOVE her so much and she loves them. My girls are very lucky to have a Mom like theirs staying home and taking care of them every day!
She is a GREAT WIFE!!--Well, to be able to put up with me......you would have to be a saint! I know I can be a major pain in the butt and Ashley is always there for me! I cant imagine where I would be without her keeping me in check! We are the PERFECT FIT!!!! She loves me no matter what I do. I seem to always learn things the hard way and she is always there to help me get through it.
I LOVE her Fiery attitude!--She always speaks her mind....even when you dont like it. I need that. I can be a pretty overbearing person (this may not surprise some of you) and it takes someone like Ashley to put up with me. I think my family is still getting use to Ashley saying just how she feels no matter what! haha But it is her, and I would not change her for anything!!! It is nice that when there is a problem, Ash and I can always talk it out, say how we feel and be OK with it. We dont always agree but we can ALWAYS tell each other how we feel and not hurt each others feelings. Yes, sometimes it can be a little shocking to hear her, but she has a WONDERFUL heart and is trying at all times to be the best person she can be.....sometimes it is just a LOUD person!!! And I LOVE IT!!!!!! And the best part of it, is we are BOTH going to get what we deserve in our two little Blonde GIRLS! They have more Fiery attitudes then both their Mom or Dad. (what did we expect---a cross between Ashely and I---HOLY CRAP WE ARE IN TROUBLE)
She has GREAT faith-- It would be sooo easy for me to just sleep in every Sunday, or sit and watch Football, or Golf. But it is Ashley that has us up at 7am to get to church on time. She is the ROCK in our house and can not imagine where I would be without her there getting us to church every week!
Happy Valentines Day Honey!!!!!! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.....and I will be home as fast as the plane will fly!
2 comments:
And you say you're not romantic. I can't think of a better gift to give your wife than what you just did with this post! You're awesome Jason! I feel so lucky to have 3 great kids and spouses who make their lives complete! (Not to mention the 8 most beautiful grandchildren in all the world!)
Very sweet J. That is much better than a store bought gift.
Post a Comment