So, with it being summer and no school to send Sekoya for stimulating education I have to come up with things of my own.
I am not very good at this and Sekoya still doesn't have a very long attention span so lots of our activities don't even get finished.
The milk swirls I saw on GTU from a guest host. It was a quick, easy experiment that Sekoya was interested in from start to finish!! You take milk (whole works the best), drop a few drops of food coloring in, take q-tips and dip them in dish soap and then in the middle of the food coloring drops and watch the colors swirl! I tried explaining to her why it happens, but she didn't care. She just kept wanting to do it over and over.
The grass head guys was an idea out of Family Fun magazine. No, I don't come up with these on my own!! You take a nylon and put grass seed and potting soil in. Then you decorate an empty yogurt cup to look like clothes. Fill the yogurt cup with water and set the knotted nylon in the top of the cup. Oh yeah-- draw faces on them with a permanent marker. Both girls loved this one because they got to play in the dirt!! Both of my girls are dirt lovers..... Katera eats it by the handfuls. I will have to take a picture once they start to grow the hair (grass) out of their heads.
1 comment:
How fun!! Meg has a grass head guy...it is so fun to cut when they need a haircut. Great idea about the kitchen sink bath too!!
Post a Comment