Sekoya had to go to the doctor today to get her Kindergarten exam and shots. She was so brave and didn't even fuss about going once. She was even a little excited since it means that she can now be registered for kindergarten. When the doctor was examining her she commented on Sekoya's cute dimples and she replied "That's what makes me special." That is what I told her once when she asked why I didn't have dimples- that she was special. But there are soooooo many other reasons that she is special besides those wonderful dimples. She sure cried when they gave her the shots- 3 of them, but by the time we were out in the car she was fine. She is such a brave girl!! She is still in the 'above average' category for her age group.... 95 % in height and 55% in weight. The nurses were pretty amazed when she chose to read the letter chart for her eye exam. They couldn't believe that she knew all her letters that well.
After Sekoya's doctor appt. I had to take Katera in to the health department for her to be evaluated by Early Intervention on her speech. They decided that she is a little behind in that area and would benefit from some speech therapy sessions and play group. Now I just have to decide if that's what I think would be best for her. It's hard being the Mommy and deciding on critical things that will affect your child for the rest of their life. I just want to do the right thing without pushing and worrying too much! I guess that is all we can do is make the decision that we think is best and go with it.
I love my girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment