Sekoya is nervous about starting Kindergarten.
She would never tell me that, but I know she is by the things she has said. I was telling her that we need to teach her our address because they want you to know that in Kindergarten. She started asking lots of questions-
What if I don't know the answers?
What if I can't read?
What if I can't add 8+8?
What if everybody hates me?
I tried to reassure her that is why we go to school- to learn the answers, how to read, and how to add. I also told her that there might be some kids that don't like her, but that is OK because you're not going to be liked by everybody all the time. I told her that she would have plenty of kids that liked her because she makes friends so easily. I hope I helped make her feel better about it. I hope she has a good school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment