Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Service

Sekoya's primary lesson this last Sunday was on service. Her teacher told them to do secret acts of service this week. So we keep finding little red hearts by our clean closet, perfectly made beds, etc. She has been so excited to do this too. Her primary teacher is so cute and relates to these girls so well. I am so thankful for such a great new ward. They have welcomed us with open arms. But isn't that what Latter Day Saints are all about? Making anyone feel welcome wherever they go.

Yesterday I went and got Katera a new perm. Her hair has been such a mess lately. Sekoya cut it a while back so she has several different lengths. That makes it hard to get to stay in ponytails. So, as the slacking mother I am, I just don't do it usually. I figured if she at least had curls it would look cute even when I don't do it. She was a really good girl for most of the time. She didn't like getting the curlers in because it pulled. That was the worst part. Now I have a cute little curly cue!
This was pretty much her demeanor all day long.
This was her attempt to smile and look happy.

She also got her fingernails painted so that was something to be happy about.

1 comment:

Liz said...

cute hair, and probably much easier to maintain!
liz