In the last two weeks I have gone through 15-20 pounds of flour and 12-16 pounds of sugar!!
Sekoya trying to lick frosting off her elbow.
Katera would frost, then lick, frost, lick. Don't worry we didn't serve those cookies to anybody.
This is the time of year many of our family anxiously await......... coconut bread time. It is such a yummy recipe- that I will not share so don't ask. But we only make it at Christmas time. It kinda makes it all that more magical. I make enough for neighbors, friends, visiting teaching ladies, and family. There is NEVER enough to fill everybody's sweet tooth. But I have to draw the line at 8 batches! I think my mixer's motor might blow up if I tried to make any more. We also made sugar cookies for my office party. Those are always fun for the kids to help cut out and then frost. I really have a hard time baking with my kids, but I try to not be mean. I just can't stand to have a mess even when we're in the middle of baking. I clean as I go. That is hard to do when every time I turn my back on them they are throwing handfuls of flour in the air. Little stinkers! Only one more batch of cookies to make- for Santa!
3 comments:
Are you serious? WOW! I don't think I've gone through that much sugar or flour since I've been married! I am impressed - and I'll be anxiously awaiting my plate of goodies! :)
Wow .. I think I am with you.. add 10 Lb of powdered sugar along with that! Looks like lots of fun at the parade too!
Liz
That is crazy!!! Who are you baking for?
Post a Comment