Friday, December 19, 2008

Nutcracker


This week Sekoya performed her ballet dance in the Nutcracker. It is an annual show done by her dance teacher. It was a very long wait to see my little sweetie dance. I just don't appreciate ballet. I don't see how running around the stage and flapping your arms in the air is entertaining. I guess it shows that I am an unrefined, small town girl. I must say that I think the little ones were quite entertaining. Sekoya did a great job, but for some reason she was really nervous about this one. I could see it in her face as she walked onto the stage. Theirs was the third to last class to perform in an hour and half show. And it was for two nights in a row! Thankfully I was able to find babysitters for Katera both nights. She would have been a bear sitting through that. I was also a little miffed at how late it got done- 9:30 PM. That is late for little ones. Jason keeps cussing me, but I am crossing my fingers that Sekoya doesn't want to make dance a long term thing.













1 comment:

ALICIA said...

Cute!! I wanted to take Ali to the Nutcracker. We went last year. But with them only doing it for 2 nights that doesn't give me much time to try to get there. Ali does take from Shauna.