Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Computer Crazed

I have come to the conclusion that I am computer crazed. I lost the connection between my bluetooth keyboard and my computer this afternoon. I just about had heart failure over it. I could not even type the password to get into my system, then, I couldn't type to chat with online support. The worst part is I couldn't send emails or add new posts to my blog!!! I am definitely hooked to my computer. It is like my lifeline to the world outside my house. It is about the only way I communicate with most of my friends, and some family members. I seriously thought I was going to have a panic attack!! But, I got it fixed and life can go on as normal.

Sekoya's first t-ball game was tonight. It was cold, windy, and rainy but we still played. I really hope she enjoys this, because I don't know how much I do. It is really hard to watch the unorganized, no rules ballgame. I guess they have to start somewhere. Then we went to the new pizza parlor in Monroe. Yes, we actually have a few eating establishments now. It was pretty good, other than fighting my kids to stay at the table. At least we were the only ones in there so they couldn't bother anybody else. Oh.. I can't believe I almost forgot this. Sekoya and her little team mates have declared themselves the Pink Hippos. I don't know why- our shirts are bright pink, but our team name is Curtis Farms. But when we were handing out the shirts to the girls one of them exclaimed that we were the Pink Hippos so that is what they all say!

A friend came over tonight to use my computer and printer (while I was figuring out my keyboard problem). It was my girls' bedtime so I put Katera to bed and told Sekoya to get her teeth brushed. She did that and then I told her to pick a story and get in bed and I would be right there when I finished up. After about 10 minutes I finally went back upstairs and there she waited-snuggled in bed with a story. And I only asked her once!!! My heart just swelled! I was so happy that she did what I asked and was being so quiet and patient. I love it when my kids mind- and that doesn't happen very often. If any of you know Sekoya you know what a big milestone this is and how thrilled I was. I just can't quit rambling on about it! She is becoming such a big girl and growing up so much.

No comments: