Monday, September 15, 2008

Strong Sit

Conversation bewteen Sekoya and I when I picked her up from school today-

S- Guess what happened today?..... I got in trouble and had to strong sit.
M- Why, what did you do?
S- I was wiggly on the carpet.
M- (thinking that is a bit harsh, what kindergartner isn't wiggly) What do you mean- wiggly?
S- You know like a worm..... and then I was wrestling.


The truth comes out!!

M- Wrestling?
S- (giggling) Yes, me and Nora. So we had to strong sit by the sink.
M- Did you learn your lesson? Are you going to be wiggly again on the carpet?
S- Yes I learned a lesson and no I won't be wiggly.

For any of you that don't know - strong sit is when you sit indian style on the floor with your arms folded and your back straight as a board.

I really hope she isn't "the problem child"!!

4 comments:

Maridon Rappleye said...

Oh dear! Strong sit! Never heard of that one!

Kacey! said...

That's funny.....!!

The Venutis said...

I remember getting in trouble in kindergarten on the first day...some kids are just full of it.

Liz said...

That is funny. I have never heard of strong sitting.
Liz