Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting behind....

Ok, so I thought once school started and I was one kid short for about seven hours of the day I would have so much free time and get a lot accomplished. Well, we are about three weeks into school and I have not accomplished ANY of the big projects I had hoped for. Granted, Jason was home all last week so that always throws a kink in things. I just don't want to do anything that requires me to leave his presence when he is home. Not to mention that I get to get out and have nails, hair, pedicures, and shopping by myself so I have to take advantage of that time. I also filled in for Katrina in the office Mon-Wed for two hours each day, 11:00 -1:00. Two hours doesn't seem like much right? I should have been able to do that piece of cake. Wrong!! It totally messed up my day. I couldn't start any projects because then I would have to leave them unfinished. I so hate that! And there wasn't enough time after I got home to start anything because I would have to go get Sekoya in a short time. I just can't say enough how much I love being a stay at home mom and get to make my own schedule (with a couple required school shuttles). I am so grateful for a hard working husband that makes it possible for me to do that. And he doesn't make me feel guilty about not working when I want to spend money. I always feel a little funny since I am not really contributing to the family funds, but he says that is silly. I don't know how I ever worked, kept up a house, and was a mommy to Sekoya during her first year of life.

School has been quite an adjustment for Sekoya. She loved the first week. She couldn't wait to go each of those three mornings that week. The second week was a different story. She cried in the mornings and didn't want to get up. One day she was upset when I dropped her off so I went back at lunch time to see how she was doing. Wrong move!! She wrapped her arms around my waist and cried. She wanted me to take her home, then she wanted me to stay the rest of the day. I couldn't stay because I had Katera with me. We stayed until the end of lunch recess then walked with Sekoya and her class back to their classroom. She would only let me leave after I promised to come the next day and read with her class. Every day she came home she was so tired and really emotional. It made me really sad. I think it is the longer days that she is not used to that are wearing her out. Then she already had her first punishment for bad behavior. She was holding the door to the girls bathroom so another little girl couldn't get out. She had to stand by the wall during recess. I asked her if she learned her lesson- Yes, Was she going to do it again- No. So I told her to forget about it and just behave herself. This last week she has been doing better. Hopefully we are over the transition into the full days and it will be a good year from here on out. She has already made some new friends and loves her teacher which are some positives!

No comments: